Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • ASDss: where do u download source and clients now
      August 18, 2017, 10:39:31 PM
    • ASDss: yo
      August 18, 2017, 10:39:20 PM
    • dan v jad: click me 4 da fun ;)[link]
      August 18, 2017, 04:39:58 PM
    • stCky: Palidinho is your OpenGL (was it OpenGL?) stuff open source anywhere?
      August 16, 2017, 09:07:22 PM
    • Travas:BUILD THE WALL
      August 15, 2017, 09:28:49 PM
    • Travas: i have ass cancer
      August 15, 2017, 09:23:29 PM
    • stCky: what are the fudge are you tryna ask?
      August 15, 2017, 08:21:35 PM
    • bader: what are the rsps community alive ?
      August 15, 2017, 05:46:16 PM
    • bader: yo guys
      August 15, 2017, 05:46:08 PM
    • Spacehost:[link] Updated our thread :)
      August 15, 2017, 09:40:34 AM
    • Adaro: The client is in Download section at Homepage
      August 15, 2017, 01:09:20 AM
    • FaTe_Of_GoDs: where do i get the client?????????????
      August 14, 2017, 05:23:14 PM
    • stCky: can anyone help me? I cant login to the shoutbox
      August 13, 2017, 05:45:15 PM
    • drubrkletern: appeal denied
      August 13, 2017, 02:35:27 PM
    • King_Trout:[link]
      August 13, 2017, 11:17:12 AM
    • Cole1497: no sorry
      August 13, 2017, 10:27:14 AM
    • ayz: yo can anyone explain something to me
      August 13, 2017, 08:08:51 AM
    • coolking12: Hi
      August 13, 2017, 04:16:06 AM
    • stCky: n+1
      August 11, 2017, 06:09:24 PM
    • PalidinoDH: How many more pages are going to show errors before this dude gets on and fixes shit
      August 11, 2017, 04:57:00 PM

Author Topic: [6-16-2014] How to setup RS3, RS2 and RS1 Server in Eclipse IDE Part 2  (Read 4444 times)

Offlineamvoverwizzle

• View Profile
    Part 1 Link:https://forum.moparscape.org/index.php/topic,662912.0.html/

Step 25:
    Now you will have something like this that will popup. Were it says Use default location you are going want to make sure it is uncheck. So click it.

[/URL]

Step 26:
    If should now look like this if you did correctly. Were it says Browse you are going to click that.

[/URL]

Step 27:
    Now you are going to locate your Server Folder and Click Client inside there. Then press OK when you have done this.

[/URL]

Step 28:
    If you did this correctly it should look similar to this. Then Click Finish and repeat Step 23, 24, 25, 26.

[/URL]

Step 29:
    Now once you have repeated those steps you are now going to find your Server Folder just like Step 27 but this time Click Server. Then press OK

[/URL]

Step 30:
    It should look similar to this if you done correctly. Then press Finish.

[/URL]

Step 31:
    Once you have added both the folders to Eclipse it will look like this. If it does not please go back and follow the steps in order.

[/URL]

Step 32:
    Now you are going to Right click Server in eclipse go down were it says Run As and then click Run Configurations...

[/URL]

Step 33:
    Now you are going right click Java Application and click New.

[/URL]

Step 34:
    Were it says Name: You are going want to rename this to Server. This will name your application to Server so it won't confuse you when you want to run your Server.

[/URL]

Step 35:
    It should Look like this. Now were it says Main Class: you are going want to Click Search...

[/URL]

Step 36:
    Once you have clicked Search you will see multiple Class Files. Look for the one that says Launcher - org.virtue and click it then Press OK

[/URL]

Step 37:
    It should now Look like this. Press Apply And then Click Run.

[/URL]

Step 38:
    Now you are going to Right Click Client and go to Run As then click Run Configurations...

[/URL]

Step 39:
    Go to Java Application, Right Click and Click New.

[/URL]

Step 40:
    Were it says Name: You are going call this Client. Now were it says Main Class: you are going click Search...

[/URL]

Step 41:
    Now there will only be 1 Class file Called RS3Applet - (default package) Click it then press OK

[/URL]

Step 42:
    It will look like this if you done correctly. Now Click Apply then Run

[/URL]

Step 43:
    If you did not click Run while you were setting up the applications for Client then right Click Client go to Run As and Click Java Application. If you did click run then you don't have to worry about it.

[/URL]

Step 44:
    If you did not click Run while you were setting up the applications for Server then right Click Server go to Run As and Click Java Application. If you did click run then you don't have to worry about it.

[/URL]

Step 45:
    Between the Bug and Green Button with toolbox there will be a Green Button with a arrow like a play button that will point to the right. Click the arrow that is facing down on the play button. And Click Server. This will run your server but

NOTE: Your server should already be running since earlier we clicked Run while we were setting up the Application. Now to close your server go into Task Manager and Close the Java. To find out witch Java it is go to Application in task manager and right click Eclipse then click Go to Process then the one highlighted will be your eclipse so that means the other java will be your server. But if you have more then 2 java up then one will be your Client.

[/URL]

Step 46:
    Repeat Step 45 but this time Click Client. This will run your Client. But it will not load your server if your server is not running so make sure your server is running.

[/URL]

Step 47:
    To find out that your server has loaded launched successfully down at the bottom there will be 4 things. Problems: You dont need to worry about these. Javadoc, Declartion, and Console. If your not in Console click Console. It should look like this from the time I posted this image 6-14-2014. If you are already running your Client then this will get cleared.

[/URL]

Step 48:
    Once you have launched your Client it will Load your files. You will have to restart your Client when it hits 93% you will notice when to stop it because nothing will load after words. Once you have restarted your client by relaunching your Client you will load the game successfully

[/URL]

Step 49:
    Now login with any name and password.

NOTE: You can not reload you character if you exit him. It is a current bug that the creator of the pack that will need to fix or I will need to fix if it gets discontinued.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Let It Load

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Thanks for following my guide. Please leave me credit if you used this guide to help you make a server for you or some one else.

And thanks for Sir James for making the RS3 and his team.

Credit for making guide: Me 100%

Please leave feed back, send to others who might have trouble and leave comments if you need help.

Now play with all the 803 items!

[/URL]
    [/URL]
    « Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 06:49:42 AM by amvoverwizzle »

OfflineIfearI

• View Profile
    Wow...I don't think I ever seen a guide with so many images.
    Because of those, I'd say everyone should be able to do every step without questions..

Hopefully this gets more noobs to use an IDE!

PS: Little bit annoying it took 2 threads though. (Possible replies on both etc...)
    Also, you could use spoilers for some big images (e.g step 49). :P
    « Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:12:58 AM by IfearI »

Offlineamvoverwizzle

• View Profile
    Wow...I don't think I ever seen a guide with so many images.
    Because of those, I'd say everyone should be able to do every step without questions..

Hopefully this gets more noobs to use an IDE!

PS: Little bit annoying it took 2 threads though. (Possible replies on both etc...)
    Also, you could use spoilers for some big images (e.g step 49). :P

Thanks. yea it took me many hours to do this and I had no choice but to make a second thread because I exceeded the 20k limit on words. I was at 24k total words on completion. And I am currently writing all 31143 Items from the 803 Cache so when I am done people be able to spawn items that is listed.

Offlineboltano

• View Profile
    When I run the server I get java exception error.

Offlineamvoverwizzle

• View Profile
    When I run the server I get java exception error.

Post the Error

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    Hey while you're at it, can you tell me how to turn on my computer? because you seemed to miss that step when you explained everything else in detail..

Seriously, this tutorial is way too big for what you're teaching. It shouldn't need 2 parts, and it shouldn't need 49 steps. Like jesus.

Step 1) Download a server.
    Step 2) Download Eclipse.
    Step 3) Open the server in eclipse.
    Step 4) Run.

^All you need. The "hardest" part is opening the project in eclipse. Which is nothing more than clicking "Create a new project" and unchecking the default box, then browsing to your project.

Offlineamvoverwizzle

• View Profile
    Hey while you're at it, can you tell me how to turn on my computer? because you seemed to miss that step when you explained everything else in detail..

Seriously, this tutorial is way too big for what you're teaching. It shouldn't need 2 parts, and it shouldn't need 49 steps. Like jesus.

Step 4) Run.

^All you need. The "hardest" part is opening the project in eclipse. Which is nothing more than clicking "Create a new project" and unchecking the default box, then browsing to your project.

I agree but I had no choice because it is 24,000 words long and max per thread is 20,000. But this tutorial is also for those who never knew how to set up a Evolution of combat server. By following this guide it lets new people follow each step if there not familiar on how to set a server up in eclipse IDE. This guide is necessary for beginnings and to help those who get stuck. It also shows every detail to proof the server is working
    « Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 06:28:21 PM by amvoverwizzle »

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile

Step 4) Run.

I agree but I had no choice because it is 24,000 words long and max per thread is 20,000. But this tutorial is also for those who never knew how to set up a Evolution of combat server. By following this guide it lets new people follow each step if there not familiar on how to set a server up in eclipse IDE. This guide is necessary for beginnings and to help those who get stuck.
    No, this guide is over the top.
    You do not need pictures for each step (that's where you're losing so many precious characters).
    You do not need to explain each step
    Setting up an "Evolution of combat server" is the same as setting up any other server, or java project in general, in eclipse.

Also, that character bug, it's probably related to an appearance flag not being sent. The guy released a incomplete project, I'm pretty sure he stated that somewhere. It's going to be full of bugs. Why? Because it's not done. RuneScape, where we're taking the content from, has bugs in it still. Do you really think his will be perfected?

Offlineamvoverwizzle

• View Profile

Step 4) Run.

I agree but I had no choice because it is 24,000 words long and max per thread is 20,000. But this tutorial is also for those who never knew how to set up a Evolution of combat server. By following this guide it lets new people follow each step if there not familiar on how to set a server up in eclipse IDE. This guide is necessary for beginnings and to help those who get stuck.
    No, this guide is over the top.
    You do not need pictures for each step (that's where you're losing so many precious characters).
    You do not need to explain each step
    Setting up an "Evolution of combat server" is the same as setting up any other server, or java project in general, in eclipse.

Also, that character bug, it's probably related to an appearance flag not being sent. The guy released a incomplete project, I'm pretty sure he stated that somewhere. It's going to be full of bugs. Why? Because it's not done. RuneScape, where we're taking the content from, has bugs in it still. Do you really think his will be perfected?

Every picture is necessary for beginners. Those who never setup a Rsps in Eclipse before will show every aspect of what you needs to do. You don't really have to read it you can look at the pictures and find it out easy that way.

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    Every picture is necessary for beginners. Those who never setup a Rsps in Eclipse before will show every aspect of what you needs to do. You don't really have to read it you can look at the pictures and find it out easy that way.
    The point of a tutorial is to READ. Tutorials are to TEACH you something. not for you to look at pictures. The pictures are supposed to be there to show examples of finished products, or something that would be explained easier in a picture than words.

Offlineamvoverwizzle

• View Profile
    The point of a tutorial is to READ. Tutorials are to TEACH you something. not for you to look at pictures. The pictures are supposed to be there to show examples of finished products, or something that would be explained easier in a picture than words.

You can't always learn something by reading it. Some times you need a visual of what it looks like such as pictures that shows what to do and when you done it correctly. Lot of people out there need visual to learn and it something they can't help but to live with.

OfflineRyley

• View Profile
    OP you should ask a mod to combine your threads oh and [ spoiler ] your images, please.

Offlinearham 4

• View Profile
    If they can't even set up the IDE, man, what do you expect for them to make?
    lolol remember when mopar was a thing

Offlineamvoverwizzle

• View Profile
    If they can't even set up the IDE, man, what do you expect for them to make?

It'll let them begin to learn from other tutorial coding. Gotta start some were to learn :) no one can be a expert at something right away.

OfflineBl3nd

• View Profile
    Lol the first time I started programming, I downloaded an IDE (Eclipse), there was no need for me to look at a tutorial-- especially a tutorial this big. They made it so simple, they labeled everything using the simplest words (Ex. File<New<Java Project). All labels are to the point and just need common sense.

P.s It's just like any other type of software, it has the original File<New, and it has the 'easy to understand' pop-ups.

I say you should just simple it down a bit. Like sk8r says
    It shouldn't need 2 parts, and it shouldn't need 49 steps

Offlinejrbtfc

• View Profile

Step 4) Run.

What? His thread is explaining to a beginner how to do this. You say it yourself, that a tutorial is to teach you something. Since when does reading textbooks become more effective than reading a textbook with pictures that show you the steps? Pictures stick in my mind more than text.

While I would have figured it out eventually with your steps, here's how I could see someone else doing it:
    (click to show/hide)

Perfect guide. This is how they all should be.
    « Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:45:45 PM by jrbtfc »

Offlineamvoverwizzle

• View Profile

Step 4) Run.

What? His thread is explaining to a beginner how to do this. You say it yourself, that a tutorial is to teach you something. Since when does reading textbooks become more effective than reading a textbook with pictures that show you the steps? Pictures stick in my mind more than text.

While I would have figured it out eventually with your steps, here's how I could see someone else doing it:
    (click to show/hide)

Lmao I found this comment hilarious. I needed a good laugh. But You are right, I have a better time remembering images for a visual instead of just reading something and trying to figure what it trying to explain when I could just look at a photo and get a faster idea of what to do. :D

Offlinearham 4

• View Profile

Step 4) Run.

(click to show/hide)

I am warning you, sk8 will come back, HARD!
    lolol remember when mopar was a thing

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile

Step 4) Run.

(click to show/hide)

If you followed the steps like that I'd feel bad for you and question your intelligence.
    1) You're following a tutorial on a website dedicated to RuneScape Private Servers. So when someone says, "Download a server" that would most commonly be referred to a private server, unless specified otherwise.

2) I've never heard of the paintball company called eclipse, however, searching eclipse on google gave me these results:

Sources tell me that the links shown say it's an Integrated Development Environment, or IDE. Which this is a tutorial on.
    It's also know that these RSPS's are done in Java. So you'd obviously download one on that downloads page for Java.

3) Can't respond here because you're just being an idiot.

4) Again, being an idiot.

Offlinebasgolde

• View Profile
    Thanks for the great explaining. :D

Ive got an error tough :palm: while I try to run the client (Run As - Run Configurations).

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
       Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater

at org.virtue.game.core.threads.MainThreadFactory.<init>(MainThreadFactory.java:17)
       at org.virtue.Launcher.<clinit>(Launcher.java:45)

Any idea what couse this trouble? :confused:
    Btw, run client gives the exact same error!

I look forward to receiving your reply

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.