FB Set To Launch Dating service
HighlightsFacebook app to enable users to create dating profileNew feature to match users with folks they aren't already friends withFacebook shares rose 1.1% to seal at $173.86 on monday
Facebook Inc is planning a matchmaking service for users on its social network. With a dating organization, The US based applied sciences major aims to boost its popularity among young users. Facebook had considered providing the matchmaking service for over a decade. "There are 200 million people on Facebook that list each other as single, So clearly there will be something to do here, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg told software developers at the company's annual F8 conference, in news agency Reuters. Facebook will launch a new feature on its app later this year that will enable users to create a dating profile and match with potential love interests, News agency ANI cited CEO Mr Zuckerberg as saying on monday.
2. A prototype displayed on screens at the F8 conference showed a heart shape at the top right corner of the facebook app. Pressing on you will need people to their dating profile if they have set one up. Potential matches will be immensely important based on dating preferences, Things in common and mutual friends, Facebook said in a statement.
(Also scan through: $1 Billion Is What Facebook Executive will lose If He Leaves Early)
3. The opt in feature will match users simply with people they aren't already friends with. Facebook users can build a dating profile which isn't going to be visible to friends.
4. facebook game shares rose 1.1 per cent to close at $173.86. The stock had opened at $172 on Nasdaq on monday www.afroromance.com
and touched $174.02 at the day's top level.
5. Among online dating agencies, Match fell 22 % its largest one day drop ever and IAC, Which owns regarding green fifth of Match, Fell nearly 18 p. c in its biggest daily loss in about 13 years. Spark groups, Owner of JDate and sterling Mingle, Also closed 4 per cent lower.
6. Mr Zuckerberg said a lot more claims was building the dating service with an emphasis on privacy, A sensitive subject for people who use dating websites and for Facebook as it reels from a scandal over its handling of info.
7. Since the launch of the social network website in 2004, Users have had the option to mention their understanding status on their profile on Facebook.
8. Launch of a dating service by Facebook will allow you to boost the engaging time of its users, Leading to more competition for existing internet dating in the US, Say analysts.
9. Facebook had said in January that in the bottom of 2017, extensive amounts of time spent by users had fallen by about 50 million hours a day, After changes produced reduce passive video watching and stem the spread of sensationalism.
10. Facebook Inc leader Mark Zuckerberg's compensation rose 53.5 per cent to $8.9 million found in 2017, A regulatory filing showed last month, Largely due to higher costs tied to the 33 year old billionaire's personal security. About 83 per cent of the pay plans represented security related expenses, While most of the rest were tied to Mr Zuckerberg's personal usage of private aircraft. evaluations.