RuneScape 2 Development > Server Tutorials
[PI] Vote4Cash
<<< (31/35) >>>
popup:
Ok can someone explain to me the host gator thing i dont get it do u think i can skip it i have the rest done.
Nonamee:

--- Quote from: popup on December 29, 2011, 11:13:06 PM ---Ok can someone explain to me the host gator thing i dont get it do u think i can skip it i have the rest done.

--- End quote ---

You're gonna need a webhost obviously. If you use hostgator as your webhost, do what he says. If you use a different webhost, it might either be slightly different, or pretty damn different.
Extortion:
my problem is collecting it in game. Im using hybrid pvp and i tried using the method provided but there is like 3 different spots to where i can add a welcome message....and then i tried the command method and that didnt work either. so hwo can collect my reward?
reality0scape:

--- Quote from: Jake440 on December 05, 2011, 06:46:12 PM ---my errors

--- Code: ---Java\client.java:6565: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable playerCommand
                                                if (playerCommand.startsWith("re
ward")) {
                                                    ^
Java\client.java:6566: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable c
                                                if(c.checkVotes(c.playerName)) {

^
Java\client.java:6566: cannot find symbol
                                                if(c.checkVotes(c.playerName)) {

^
Java\client.java:6567: cannot find symbol
                                                        c.getItems().addItem(995
, 50000000);
                                                        ^
Java\client.java:6568: cannot find symbol
                                                        c.sendMessage("Thanks fo
r voting!");
                                                        ^
Java\client.java:6570: cannot find symbol
                                                        c.sendMessage("You have
not yet voted, type ::vote to do so");
                                                        ^
Note: Java\client.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
6 errors
Press any key to continue . . .
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

u are pasting it in Client.java.... Remove the "c."
X Pwner X:
I'm getting this huge error in SQL

WHY?

--- Code: ---The following errors were reported:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' * @version 1.1 UPDATED: 06.09' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'define("MYSQL_USERNAME", "662*******")' at line 4
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'define("MYSQL_PASSWORD", "*******")' at line 4
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'define("MYSQL_DATABASE", "god-sp******_spec")' at line 4
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'define("VOTE_URL", "=vote&id=102")' at line 4
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'define("VOTE_HOURS", 24)' at line 4
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'function connect() { if ([email protected]_connect(MYSQL_HOST, MYSQL_USERNAME, MYSQL_P' at line 4
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'if ([email protected]_select_db(MYSQL_DATABASE)) die("Could not select mysql datab' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '$tables = mysql_list_tables(MYSQL_DATABASE)' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'while (list($temp) = mysql_fetch_array($tables)) { if ($temp == "votes")' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '} } query("CREATE TABLE `votes` ( `playerName` VARCHAR( 255 ) NO' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '} /** * query(string query) this function is used to query the mysql database ' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'if (!$query) die("Error running query('" . $s . "'): " . mysql_error())' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'return $query' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '} /** * anti_inject(string text) this function is used to make sure no injecti' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '$sql = trim($sql)' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '$sql = strip_tags($sql)' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '$sql = addslashes($sql)' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '$sql = strtolower($sql)' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'return $sql' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '} /** * clean_request(int timestamp, string username) this function is used to' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'if (mysql_num_rows($query) > 0) { $row = mysql_fetch_array($query)' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '$timerequested = $row['time']' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'if ($time - $timerequested > VOTE_HOURS * 3600) query("DELETE FROM `' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '} } /** * vote_entries(string ip) this function is used return the number of r' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'return mysql_num_rows($query)' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '} /** * This is the actual working of the script please do not touch anything' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'if ($_POST['submit']) { if(@fsockopen($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'], 80, $errn' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'if(isset($_COOKIE['voted'])) die("Sorry but it looks like you have a' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '$username = anti_inject($_POST['username'])' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '$ip = gethostbyaddr($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'clean_request(time(), $username)' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'if (vote_entries($ip) == 0) { setcookie ("voted", "yes", VOTE_HOURS ' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'query("INSERT INTO `votes` (`playerName`, `ip`, `time`) VALUES ('" . $username .' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'header("Location: " . VOTE_URL . "")' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '} else { die("You have already voted once today.")' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '} } elseif ($_GET['type'] == "checkvote") { $username = anti_inject(' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '$query = query("SELECT * FROM `votes` WHERE `playerName`='" . $username . "'")' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'if (mysql_num_rows($query) == 1) { $results = mysql_fetch_array($que' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'if ($results['recieved'] == 0) { query("UPDATE `votes` SET `reci' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'die("user needs reward...")' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '} else { die("user been given reward...")' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '} } else { die("Vote not found... ". $username .".")' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '} } } ?> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'charset=utf-8" />

--- End code ---

Or if I use 000webhost I get this:

--- Code: ---SQL query:

<?php /** * @author Stuart <RogueX | iVariable> * @version 1.1 UPDATED: 06.09.2010 * @comment fixed a few bugs */ /** * mysql database hostname */ define("MYSQL_HOST", "localhost");

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<?php

define("MYSQL_HOST", "localhost")' at line 1 
--- End code ---

Anyone please help? I've been through 2 hosters and searching for more :(
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version