Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • jennipher11: and now its back
      November 27, 2020, 03:38:57 PM
    • jennipher11: it was the best rsps
      November 27, 2020, 03:38:52 PM
    • jennipher11: try out dodian.net
      November 27, 2020, 03:38:39 PM
    • ZamorakRSPS:[link]
      November 22, 2020, 06:45:19 PM
    • thewraith500: 08 member here come play my server been up for 3 years developing just now advertising Autoscape.org very fun osrs style with some pre-eoc and customs designed by m
      November 20, 2020, 05:53:25 PM
    • Mod Thunder: checkin in from 2008 as well
      November 20, 2020, 05:16:15 AM
    • echaze: anyone still play rsc?
      November 16, 2020, 02:38:40 PM
    • zephrrr: hey all oldie here too. trying to find trpk players
      November 14, 2020, 05:14:26 PM
    • Vengpwe: 08' member checking in.. Hi there guys, long time no see. Any old timers left?
      November 14, 2020, 11:12:42 AM
    • sini: :O
      November 12, 2020, 06:41:02 PM
    • doom_j: you all suck
      November 08, 2020, 09:11:32 PM
    • arham 4: Lmao I remember you Dharma
      November 08, 2020, 02:08:17 PM
    • Dharma: damn why is this site full of spam? :/
      November 06, 2020, 10:37:06 PM
    • 317guy: The feeling knowing this website is where my programming career started thankyou moparscape long time no see
      October 30, 2020, 11:46:05 PM
    • lordy570: long time no see
      October 29, 2020, 09:53:24 AM
    • asshole_rule: no
      October 28, 2020, 08:04:33 PM
    • twins: Wow! Moparscape still exists?!?!?!
      October 28, 2020, 04:47:48 PM
    • Kozs: I'm 23 years old now in 2020, oh have I grown up and Moparscape still has a spot in me heart
      October 25, 2020, 04:20:01 PM
    • Kozs: Love you moparscape, joined here in 2011
      October 25, 2020, 04:19:36 PM
    • iddsyou: great RSPS! [link]  Join us on Discord! [link]  Download: [link]
      October 04, 2020, 03:52:32 AM

Author Topic: Re: RS2 Advertisements: Rules and Guidelines  (Read 1888 times)

OfflineElrick

• View Profile
      • Evelus
    Re: RS2 Advertisements: Rules and Guidelines
    « on: June 13, 2013, 10:36:06 AM »
    Flame_, you rock.
    http://www.moparscape.org/smf/index.php/topic,639149.0.html
    Support adding the
    (click to show/hide)
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineAshi

• View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 10:39:23 AM »
    If a staff member notices that you are selling staff positions, your advertisement will be locked and you will not be permitted to create a new one until you stop selling ranks.

why??????????????????????

OfflineAmbokile

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 11:02:23 AM »
    If a staff member notices that you are selling staff positions, your advertisement will be locked and you will not be permitted to create a new one until you stop selling ranks.

why??????????????????????
    Because it is against the rules to sell things on this forum.

OfflineAshi

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 02:55:02 PM »
    If you can't understand how that is wrong, it is within my right to deem you as incapable of running a successful server.
    Can't believe you just said that lmfao. I'm not saying I'd sell staff spots on my server because i'm not retarded but why would topic's get locked for something happening off mopar? I think we should let server sell whatever they want and what not.

Because it is against the rules to sell things on this forum.
    The rules are directing straight to a server who sell staff spots?

If they mention it in thread then yeah take action, but why penalize a server for selling stuff on their sites which are not being advertised here?

OfflineJohn

• John P.: give me a custom title
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 05:09:04 PM »
    I thought it would be obvious enough why we don't condone the sales of staff positions. The main reason being that we are aiming to advertise legimate servers and by the sales of staff spots it is endangering the legitimacy and professionalism of the server. We don't want to be a part of that. By us allowing them to advertise on our forums it will be indirectly allowing them to conduct the sales of positions, which would ultimately be going against the rule stating that sales/advertising donations are not permitted within these forums.

Oh, and I've deleted some posts in this thread. Keep it on topic or don't post, please.
    Your friendly local ex-bunsen burner.

OfflineTravas

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 05:23:17 PM »
    The reason this rule is there is because communities that allow people to purchase power are just in it for the money and inevitably fail because of poor staff and community unrest.
    Davidi2
    Cpu's are like pussy you'd rather have two but one will work

OfflineJohn

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 07:33:20 AM »
    There has been an addition to these sectional rules. They were originally mentioned in the Global Rules, but seeing as this is becoming an issue in this board, I've decided to make it clear.
    Respect other people's feelings when posting. If you find the need to post nonconstructive or otherwise disrespectful comments in someone's thread, then it will be removed. If you are found to constantly post disrespectful, rude, or nonconstructive on people's advertisements, you will be given an infraction. Continued infringement of this rule will ultimately result in a ban from posting in this section.

OfflineLoveandpower

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 10:54:40 AM »
    There has been an addition to these sectional rules. They were originally mentioned in the Global Rules, but seeing as this is becoming an issue in this board, I've decided to make it clear.
    Respect other people's feelings when posting. If you find the need to post nonconstructive or otherwise disrespectful comments in someone's thread, then it will be removed. If you are found to constantly post disrespectful, rude, or nonconstructive on people's advertisements, you will be given an infraction. Continued infringement of this rule will ultimately result in a ban from posting in this section.
    Can you supply some form of an example please? Disrespect can be interpreted in more than one way.

Example:

this server sucks dude just gtfo

^ THAT I can understand

but you could also be like

Tried the server out, wasn't that good, owners were bad, staff were disrespectful, no players online, the owner doesn't know how to program worth crap

or..

I see nothing that would make me join, show media or something to help influence the decision to join

See dependent on the way looking at this all three of these could be disrespectful.
    I just don't care anymore.

OfflineJohn

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 04:06:03 PM »
    Tried the server out, wasn't that good, owners were bad, staff were disrespectful, no players online, the owner doesn't know how to program worth crap
    This is considered as semi-constructive, and I would end up editing the post to something more mature if I were to come across it. Perhaps 'Tried the server out, it wasn't that good, I don't like the staff and there were no players online.'
    I see nothing that would make me join, show media or something to help influence the decision to join
    This is acceptable as long as I don't see you constantly posting this sort of comment. I aim for more constructive posts in this section.

OfflineLoveandpower

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 08:20:10 PM »
    see that's what I mean. You took out "the staff are bad" that is constructive, very constructive actually. I wouldn't want to play a server that was full of immature/disrespectful staff. I believe a famous quote comes to mind

respect isn't just given it's earned

If I am disrespected by a staff member on a server I am not going to lie and say it was just "okay" I am going to state my opinion.

OfflineJohn

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »
    I took out the 'staff are bad' part because it is not up to the commenter to give negative feedback upon those who take the time to run the server. A server advertisement is meant to attract players to that game, if there is someone going out of their way to make the server seem like it is not worth the time of day, then I won't allow it. People have different tastes and should not have to be influenced by the disrespectful comments of others. If you have a problem with the administration of a server, then take it up with them privately.

OfflineLoveandpower

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 07:39:13 AM »
    If you have a problem with the administration of a server, then take it up with them privately.
    Sometimes that's the exact issue. You have to consider 99% of servers will be ran by little kiddies. Meaning, they don't want to "talk" it out.

Even if we did attempt to "talk" it out. Posting proof of the "talk" on the advertisement would just be forewarning and not really being disrespectful wouldn't it?

OfflineJohn

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 07:45:49 AM »
    I don't see why its anyone's business on who is running the server. You're talking like its your job to test out every individual server.
    Understand that if an advertisement gets off-topic, if there are arguments, or if there are disrespectful conversations occurring, I will remove all related comments.

OfflineTom

• hi
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 08:14:11 AM »
    You can post anything about the server, any aspect whether it be staff or the teleports but you must do so in a constructive manner, so don't post "your staff are shit, your teleports are shit bad server idiot", instead post "Your teleports need some work, I would suggest X. You should probably look into your staff team as well I had a few negative experiences with them (Perhaps I can PM you more detail, or post here if you're interested?) overall the server needs some work".

The above are two trivial examples, but it shows the line between blatantly non-constructive and rude and then constructive and friendly. There is a whole ploy of things to consider, while constructive posts are good and posts that give reason like the example above they should only be constructive to an extent, if the topic turns into a full on war about that is serving no purpose other than repetition and ego then it will be closed down and acted on. To be clear again, if there were two parties who were posting "it is" and "it isn't" but reworded in everyone of their posts in the argument then that would be considered a pointless and unwinnable squabble. Leaving your "issues" on the topic as a constructive post is fine, but trying to hammer it into them in a burst of rage isn't which spans for 7 pages and achieves nothing isn't.

My own personal view of this section is this: people should treat their posts like a review, they have one shot and they can edit it in the future. They include all the information they've experienced in there, in a constructive and formatted manner. This way when somebody comes along they don't see 7 pages of arguments about some moderator called "xx pker49584 scape 1234 x", but rather a page full of eloquently put posts which consistently mention the moderator, and don't overshadow the other issues/positives of said server.

OfflineAmbokile

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 02:45:02 PM »
    • You are not allowed to bump your topic by removing and reposting a comment.

The above amendment has been made to the rules by Jc22493, incase anyone didn't notice.

OfflineStealmojo

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 10:13:38 PM »
    PLEASE ADD "NEED STAFF" AS AN  (((((((((((((((((AUTO - THREAD - CLOSE)))))))))))))))))))

It's just immature, not needed, and no-one else probably wants to see it.

OfflineAmbokile

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 12:52:54 PM »
    • Criticism/server reviews are one of the first things potential players look out for when trying to find a server to play. If you see someone negatively criticizing your game, they are allowed to do so. The only time someone will be penalized is if they attempt to start an argument.

Has this rule changed now?

OfflineJava-RSPS-Noob

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 12:54:06 PM »
    • Criticism/server reviews are one of the first things potential players look out for when trying to find a server to play. If you see someone negatively criticizing your game, they are allowed to do so. The only time someone will be penalized is if they attempt to start an argument.

was wondering the same thing. JC told me to not give CC as it's an advertisement.
    Interested in joining a new discussion community?
    Try outChatalogtoday!
    This is a brand new community that is founded by Flame_ of Mopar

OfflineJc22493

• Rock climber
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 09:19:49 AM »

was wondering the same thing. JC told me to not give CC as it's an advertisement.

Condescending "constructive criticism" is not allowed under my watch.

OfflineJava-RSPS-Noob

• View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 10:13:05 AM »

Condescending "constructive criticism" is not allowed under my watch.
    That doesn't even make sense to me JC I'm sorry.

If somebody with more java knowledge goes on a server advertisement and says:
    "Hey look, been in the scene far more years than you. I see you are using blah blah source. here are the issues with it, this is what you need to fix. "
    That isn't a bad thing. That is somebody who is personally either witnessing via media or experience who is trying to help the other person. AKA that topic you got all upset about. The guy had graphical bugs in the media. So we were being "superior" as you are calling it by trying to tell him
    "look man, we are former owners of a server also, appearance is everything! You need to get rid of those graphical bugs as they turn people away. "

That was us not being superior that was us being helpful.

If we can't give CC from looking at the media then what is the point of even posting in the section? You might as well make it so only OP's can post the topic and replies are locked. The rules state that we can't start an argument. We never "started" the argument. It was the OP who wanted to say it wasn't a bug when it obviously is if we can view the media and point it out.

I will also be making a suggestion about this momentarily cause I do think the staff needs to review the rules of this board again now.

Link to suggestion:
    « Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:23:12 AM by Java-RSPS-Noob »
    Interested in joining a new discussion community?
    Try outChatalogtoday!
    This is a brand new community that is founded by Flame_ of Mopar

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.