Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • Shadow Monarch: where do i get a client and source
      November 19, 2019, 11:17:48 PM
    • Shadow Monarch: i wanna start a server
      November 19, 2019, 11:17:34 PM
    • ragnoroker: New Server - Unique - Awesome Community - Start your adventure : [link]
      November 19, 2019, 12:52:54 PM
    • ragnoroker: New Server - Unique - Awesome Community - Start your adventure : [link]
      November 19, 2019, 12:52:50 PM
    • U Go Home: hey does anyone have allstarscape v2 i want to make it better something to do and try and bring back the good old days
      November 19, 2019, 09:22:14 AM
    • ArtexAdv:[link] come check out the most
      November 18, 2019, 11:39:14 AM
    • ArtexAdv: Www.galaxy-rsps.net come check out the most unique custom rsps
      November 18, 2019, 11:38:50 AM
      November 17, 2019, 10:14:59 PM
      November 17, 2019, 10:14:50 PM
    • Mazeingmaze: last logged in 2008
      November 17, 2019, 06:46:52 PM
    • Mazeingmaze: Ayy BRO
      November 17, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
    • SuperNativeZ: WANT TO BE APART OF THE BEST RSPS? [link]
      November 17, 2019, 12:22:53 AM
    • SuperNativeZ: WHY CHOOSE GALAXY RSPS?  WE HAVE THE BEST UNIQUE GAMEPLAY [link]
      November 17, 2019, 12:22:42 AM
    • SuperNativeZ: WHY CHOOSE GALAXY RSPS?  WE HAVE THE BEST UNIQUE GAMEPLAY [link]
      November 17, 2019, 12:22:39 AM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server, come join the fun - unique server - RuneGuild -[link]
      November 15, 2019, 12:46:05 PM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server, come join the fun - unique server - RuneGuild -[link]
      November 15, 2019, 12:46:01 PM
    • Cole1497: join horney scape we are horney all the time and have a sex emote
      November 09, 2019, 05:14:33 PM
    • thewraith500: try autoscape,0rg brand new osrs CUSTOMS server! fight caves for flaming fire cape, upgrade them to infernal wings + more!
      November 09, 2019, 01:37:29 AM
    • SuperNativeZ: Come play brand new server [link]
      November 08, 2019, 02:13:24 PM
    • SuperNativeZ: Come play brand new server [link]
      November 08, 2019, 02:13:17 PM

Poll

Which Colour scheme do you like the most?

Lighter
    Darker
    Dont care

Author Topic: Social Network Project  (Read 1917 times)

OfflineFrustrat3dPotato

• First Time Poster
      • View Profile
    Social Network Project
    « on: December 26, 2016, 03:39:12 AM »
    Social Network Project
    Feedback would be very much appreciated!

Hey guys this will be my first post on this website. Hopefully you guys keep it friendly. Okay so a little about myself, I sometimes play RS or League or anything like that but I would really like to do Website Development professionally. In my free time (When i'm not playing games) I do anything with websites. I never really had a project to work on. I normally just make something get the layout out then delete it because I either dont know what to do the website on or whatever :palm: . SO this is where it will change. I work nights so I dont really have that much time, I am also doing online courses for Web Development.

Okay so I have had this idea for a while now and I am just starting it now. This post will be updated with the project stuff and all that. Just please remember I am no professional at this so there will be some really bad code and stuff. I will try and keep it optimised.

Okay so there is a lot of social networks out there and they all have the same things. But I would like mine to be more involved in gaming. So this is some things on I would like to add. Twitch, Twitter & Google integration. Google why Google? Well I am sure that most people use GMail meaning it it will be easy to sign up for the network. I believe Twitter has the option to sign up with Google (Don't take my word for it). However its just easier to sign up with that then entering every single field. But that option of course will be there as well just incase. I feel like i'm just typing stuff right now. :rolleyes: .

The idea I want for all this is to basically stop using facebook, Twitter, Instagram and all that and replace it with one application (I know that won't happen but its a big goal(GO HARD OR GO HOME!)). Like I said I have wanted to this for awhile and will be nice to finally get into it.

So first thing is decide on a colour scheme so I have (More than likely change). But this is what I have so far for the colours. If you guys like the colours or would change them then please do tell me!

This is just an example I am just showing the colours I will be using. This is NOT the style of it.

The font used in the picture is not the font I will be using for the website. I will be using Roboto of Google Fonts API. I just couldn't find the Roboto in Photoshop :(

The next thing I will be doing is creating a design in Photoshop for the layout/style of the website. I will be creating the home page for the website and updating this post. I am positive I have forgotten something but none the less if you guys would like to see it and give me feedback and all that jazz be sure to follow this post as I will be updating it regularly with little and big things. I hope you guys are interested. Peace.

P.S: I do not have a name for this. Was thinking more of Xeon but I believe Intel uses that for CPU's so I have no idea.

Update: 27/12/2016
    So I have finally come up with a design. I did not do it in Photoshop because I dunno why I just didn't feel like it :cool:. I have decided to go with the Xeon name because I like it a lot its simple and yeah it fits so it sits. This is the design I have come up with so far. Yes it will more then likely change

I know I said I wouldn't be using anything like Bootstrap or anything but I am going to be using jQuery and jQueryUI and all that. I like the simplicity of it! It will make it completely user friendly and I love that idea. For a social network that's key. But now I have a rough idea on how it I want it to look like I will now start the fun part. YAY :D.

Update: 1/01/2017
    YAY! Happy new year guys!

So I have not updated this for a couple days and that's because I am no pro on PHP and such like that (I am sure I mentioned this). However I am having a lot of fun trying to do it! Okay so this is where I have got to. I made a simple form on for HTML and I am trying different ways of validating the information from that form. It doesn't insert any data to the database yet but there is a reason for that. I would like to do client and server side validation to make sure there will be no errors while registering.

There is not much style but it works for now. The password and confirm password validation does work it's just that I didn't even enter a password so that error never came up. I want to do server side and client side validation. I have only done the server side so far. I also need to add a function to stop SQL Injection which is what I will be working on now. I will update you guys again in about 2/3 days. Hope you all had a great new years! (I was working..FUN).
    « Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:33:51 PM by Frustrat3dPotato »
    If you would like to talk to me be sure to add me on Skype. I'm always online!
    Runescape Gambling

Offlinemr march

• View Profile
    Re: Social Network Project
    « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 12:24:43 PM »
    Well, considering it's a social network website it should probably be made up of light colors.  You should probably pick a theme though.  Blue can sometimes be dull.

If you ever want help with stuff, I have been doing web design for about 5 years now and have worked for many people.

Also, what are your ideas for the backend side of things.

Also, this doesn't sound much like an open source project.  So why would you make a GitHub Repo?  Make a Private GitLab repo.
    « Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 03:51:22 PM by mr march »

OfflineFrustrat3dPotato

• First Time Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 09:59:21 PM »
    Well, considering it's a social network website it should probably be made up of light colors.  You should probably pick a theme though.  Blue can sometimes be dull.

If you ever want help with stuff, I have been doing web design for about 5 years now and have worked for many people.

Also, what are your ideas for the backend side of things.

Also, this doesn't sound much like an open source project.  So why would you make a GitHub Repo?  Make a Private GitLab repo.

Hmm well its more just for the experience of if I can actually do it but yes I do see where you are coming from. The backend side will be PHP and a little JavaScript. Nothing too big or anything. I don't want to use anything like Bootstrap just for the fact I want to do as much as possible (If that makes any sense). I am thinking of changing the blue to a more of a light green but as for the theme (Darker/Lighter) I want it to be a gaming network and I have seen a lot gaming networks to be more of a darker overall colour. I will love the help from anyone so that's much appreciated for the offer.

I am almost positive StackOverflow will be my best buddy for this project. (I will remove the GitHub stuff because your right).
    If you would like to talk to me be sure to add me on Skype. I'm always online!

OfflineThe Web Guy

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 08:19:29 AM »
    I could be wrong.. But that definitely looks like Bootstrap..
    I am The Web Guy.
    Not The Java Guy, please don't ask me about Java.
    Email: [email protected]
    Moparscape: Stahp.

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.